May 21, 2010

Day 24


This is what photographers call light painting. They will set the shutter speed really long (this photo was 30 seconds) and then use a light source to "draw" with. Thus the brilliant color of the painting above. To create this I used a full orange Nalgene (water bottle) and shone a mag light up through it. The color of the bottle is what made the orange color. This weekend I am going to create my own challenge of doing night photography. There is a couple things I would like to try such as day for night and maybe more light painting. The weekend challenge from The Digital Photography school is to use a camera phone but the camera on my phone does not do good in any lighting so I opted to create my own challenge. Comment on the upcoming photos and tell me if you like them!
Posted by Picasa