May 22, 2010

Day 25


This is the second installment of the night photography and this is what they call day for night. You replace the night in a picture with what looks similar to day. Normally this is a film concept and done in reverse. they will make everything darker in order to get the actors properly lit and to have more control. I used this idea and an article from DPS to achieve the complete and freaking awesome opposite. This picture was taken at 9:33pm. When I looked through the view finder it was completely black. To get light enough light to hit the camera's sensor I used a 30 sec. shutter speed with a two second self timer to avoid camera shake on the tripod. I then lower the aperture all the way and put the ISO to 400. I will definitely try this again sometime!
Posted by Picasa