July 24, 2010

Day 82


This pair of shoes was hanging on the power lines at the end of my neighborhood. I saw the opportunity to capture a classic moment in every ones childhood. The bully would come take someones shoes off of their feet and proceed to tie them together and throw them over the nearest power line or other high object, all while the rest of the school watched. I know everyone has seen this moment in their elementary school or at least on TV. This picture captures the after math of that moment. The kid has probably gotten some new footwear and the bully has gone on to pester another innocent child but those shoes are still up there alone. After seeing them I smiled because they reminded me of when I was in elementary school. Though this tragic moment never happened to me it makes me feel like a little kid again watching as the shoes soared over the power line and wrapped around them never to touch the ground again.
Posted by Picasa