August 2, 2010

Day 91


I took this picture for my digital photography course. For the final exam we had to submit 18 pictures to the teacher for grading as well as an artist's statement. An artist's statement is what the artist thinks of his work as well as how they accomplish it and just general information about the art. I decided that it might be a good idea to share that with my readers. So here it is, what I think about my art and myself.



My photography is my major past time. I spend countless hours behind my camera and in front of my computer taking and editing photos. If I'm not working with my pictures I have the world wide web open to the lastest photography blog post from several different sites. I am constantly gathering information from outside sources and putting this knowledge to good use.

I take photographs with my beloved Canon EOS Rebel XSi. I manage my memories with Lightroom 3 and I retouch those moments with Photoshop CS5 extended edition. All of these tools are just a means to an end though. I started with a tiny point and shoot camera paired with some free software. Its not about the gear its about the passion.

Photography for me, is that passion. More than a hobby but a life style and a never ending inquiry. I love to capture the instance and the moment through photography. The memories that come with a that single instant are priceless. They help me remember events. Remember people, places, experiences and the good old days.

Photography is what keeps me sane and if you ask any of my friends, they will describe me as a photographer. It is what I am known as and I am not ashamed by this at all. In fact, I love being called this because it describes me, to the full extent of who I am.
Posted by Picasa